An
Exploration of my Process of Creation through a live Artist Journal, full of my Drawings and Words.

J'explore jour après jour au gré des pages remplies de dessins et de mots mon Processus de Création.

2 septembre 2013

PAGE 77 : The Apple & The Grapes

It was the 1rst of September, yesterday.
I went to the Tam-Tam Event at Mont-Royal.
It was sunny and hot.
What I remember today, is that atmosphere of joyfull melting people.
Around the sounds of the Drums, sometimes harmonious, sometimes a mess, they were all gathering, dancers, watchers, photographers, tourists, crafts sellers, musicians of all kind, looking maybe for a moment of transe, recovering who they were, without the dayly social masks, under the protection of the Angel and The Lions Satues.
The image that came into my mind a bit after I left the smoke and "Community of Tam-Tam", was the one of Montreal's architecture:
Business buildings, churches, sex-shops, all side by side...

My sketches looked just like warming practice this time,
but I'll plan to go back,
and try to capture more and more what I really felt,
and the wonderful and amazing characters and faces that I saw expressing themselves so freely like kids in a kindergarten!


 When I left, I stopped to that cafe where you can also wash your clothes, yes yes, Montreal's crazyness!
It is called Blanc de Blanc, on Jeanne-Mance and St-Joseph.
There is a secret peaceful backyard, covered by vines, and the leaves of an apple tree.
I sat on that table next to a guitarist. He was quietly praticing his music.
A very soft and virtuose sound, a total contrats from few minutes ago.
I calmed down, and flew into another world...
I let his music and talent make me travel through the shapes of the vines with my pencil.
It was a beautiful dance, a moment of grace.
Then I saw it:
The Apple, suspended in the air.
And I felt,
maybe at the Origine of the World,
it could have been like today...

From the Tam-Tam temptations to the generosity and beauty of Earth and creativity of all kind...

Once upon a time, the Apple met the Grapes, who then, met the Human Beeings...



PS:
English is not my first language...
I know better French.
But Montreal is a bilingual city, that's why I try to write both.
But sometimes also, words come easier in a language that is a bit far from my immediat intimicy and my life's story...